Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Scariest day of my life


Last week at my twenty-four week checkup while in the waiting room to be called back we got a call from Adam's foot surgeon telling us his insurance wasn't going to pay for the surgery to fix his foot. My blood pressure at the appointment, was, needless to say slightly elevated.... A lot. So the doctor wanted to see me again in a week to check to see if things settled down.

Skip to today when said follow up appointment was to take place.

So this morning started out with Adam and I having a fight and him leaving for work and then more angry phone calls and hanging up on each other, lol. It was interesting. Then we both called an apologized and we planned to go about the rest of our days.

Adam's phone was out of minutes, so I made sure to re-plug in our house phone before leaving for work so I could call him after his blood work today to see how things went. When I plugged it into the electricity I got zapped. I didn't think anything of it and then went off to my appointment for the blood pressure re-check.

Blood pressure was perfect- everything was perfect. Then I mentioned to the doctor about the getting shocked and she decided to send me for an ultrasound just to make sure everything was okay. Well, the baby didn't do any "practice breathing" during the 30 minute scan.

Ultrasound tech sent me back up to the doctor. I start freaking out. Doctor calls me back in, says chances are it isn't a big deal because at twenty-five weeks the breathing thing isn't regular thing they do. However- she still wanted me monitored for a bit so she wanted me to go to Labor and Delivery to get hooked up and monitored for a few hours just to make sure his heart rate didn't do any dipping.

Well, I was alone. Adam had already left for work, I didn't know how to get in touch with him because his cell was out of minutes, and he wasn't answering our house phone. I called my sister hysterical and she told me to get my ass to the hospital and she'd hunt up my husband and get him to the hospital. Still freaking out, I took money from my rent to put minutes on Adam's phone so we could get in touch with him.

I get to the hospital, I get hooked up. I cry- A LOT. But there was his heartbeat, steady, strong, and consistent. He hated the pressure from the fetal monitors on my stomach and kept kicking out them. It was actually funny to watch.

Jessica and Adam kept taking turns with me in triage because they'd only let one person come stay in with me.

After two hours, I was given the all clear and told to follow up with my doctor again on Wednesday.




Picture from when I first got there, right after being told Nathan was okay, and Adam passed out in the waiting room.

1 comments:

73551CA said...

I'm so glad everything is ok with you and baby. How scary!

Post a Comment