Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Isn't she just the cutest? I found this picture from AmbiClubWear on FaceBook, but it was too cute not to share.

I'm a little tired today, I did a lot of cooking yesterday. Pies, homemade bread (made some with white flour for the family, and whole wheat flour for me), stuffed eggs (see below), dips, stuffings (omg, can't wait!), and potato salad. We're doing ham for Easter this year thankfully. I'm still having a hard time with some of the white meats so turkey wasn't high on my list of wants this year.



It's going to be just us this year. Usually we have the missionaries from church over, but this year because of location issues they are unable to make it. My cousins usually pop in at all hours, but my aunt had some major reconstructive surgery to her hand yesterday. As a result, I'm sure they'll be sticking close to home. My poor Aunt, she has the most used hands out of anyone I know. About a week ago she fell down the stairs to her back patio and shattered several of the bones in her hand. She doesn't have insurance and my uncle's disability apparently was too much to qualify her for any form of help. So instead of being operated on immediately as it should have been, the stupid hospitals and doctors were being greedy and she had to wait. It's too bad because to set everything they had to re-break some of it and then insert the plates and screws. However, the silver lining is that I still have my Aunt! It could have been much worse and our family is just thankful she is here to celebrate another holiday with us. She could have broken her neck just as easily as her hand falling down a set of stairs such as those.

So, since it's Easter I'd like to share some slightly religious thoughts with you all. Many of you may know I was raised Mormon. (Latter Day Saint). I've not always stuck close to this upbringing, but I do believe in God and that Chris is the Savior. Due to a lot of teenage mistakes and judgmental people and a certain amount of my own will, I don't like actually going to church anymore. Mistakes made as a teenager and the reactions people have to them leave lasting impressions. Do not judge your youth, you have no idea how it effects them! Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about re-birth. That is after all what Easter is all about. The re-birth/resurrection of Christ. As an LDS person, I believe that after the resurrection Christ spent time in the America's teaching here.

Spring is such an amazing time and a beautiful reminder of all that Christ did for us. Everything is being re-birthed and coming alive. And this year, many of us are as well. I joke that I have lost an entire anorexic person from my body- which is true. I've officially lost 80 pounds. That is an amazing physical re-birth for me, but the more important one is that changes I'm making on the inside. I'm sure you can all relate to what I'm talking about.

I'd like everyone to stop and take a minute to think about who they were this time last year. You may or may not be reading this as a WLS patient, you may just be reading it because you know and love me and are sharing this experience with me. But think about who you were last year and in what way have you gone through a re-birth! If you are comfortable sharing your answers please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

Happy Easter!! I totally understand what you mean about judgemental people and how the church experience can often push people further away. I really understand!! I'm really sorry to hear about your Aunt and all she had to go through with the hospitals and doctors! And CONGRATULATIONS on the amazing weight loss!!

Samantha said...

Sorry about your aunt! I am so glad she is okay and it was just her hand!
Sorry also about the judgmental people yOuve experienced in your life. I think whether peopled are religious or not, everyone has experienced some sort of judgement. It's sadder when people from church do it because they are supposed to be different than the rest. Unfortunately we are all human and we shouldn't follow people anyway, just Christ who loves us and died for us. I hope that makes sense.
Glad you had a good Easter!! Those eggs are too cute!!

Post a Comment