Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dying to be thin?

Not sure why I gave this entry that title, but I like the way it flows.

Life is really crazy right now. I'm so busy all day at work and my nights are dedicated to homework. I'm 48 days away from surgery.

Yesterday was my physical with my PCP and boy oh boy. I'm tired of being weighed and poked with needles. Although, yesterday did mark the second scale in a doctors office to say I've lost four pounds. So, maybe I really have lost four? I'm so nervous to go to the surgeons office on Tuesday and get on their scale. What if their scale says I haven't lost any weight?

I am happy to report that I shouldn't be having any more blood work done until December 2 when I have my pre-op blood work done. PHEW!! I was really starting to feel like a pin cushion- and needles and I do NOT get along! I actually cried in the doctors office when it was time for my flu and pneumonia shots. Cried like a baby. And then Jessica made the mistake of telling me that the IV needle will be bigger/worse than the needle they use when you donate blood.

I don't know what my issue with needles is about. The blood doesn't bother me. It really is just the needle! Glinting silver that is designed to slide right through your skin and rob your body of its life substance. I HATE THEM! They are rapers of veins everywhere!!

I ordered a video camera so I can start vlogging on YouTube. I'm excited to do that. I've watched so many inspiring stories on YouTube that I can't wait to add mine to the mix.

I sure wish I knew if people were reading this blog or not. Doesn't really matter, it helps me to write it down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment