Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

December 8, 2011

Yesterday I spoke with my surgeons coordinator and while I was giving her the dates for all of the clearance appointments she suggested we look at the calendar for a possible surgery date. Originally we looked at 12/1 and 12/2, but I decided on 12/8 so that my insurance has plenty of time to approve it after my last nutrition appointment on 11/28.

Yesterday we also scheduled my surgery class, last appointment with the doctor and a time for me to go in for my pre-surgery lab work. I thought I would be so super excited that I'd be jumping up and down, but instead I sort of feel just like "okay."

When I was sharing my feelings with my wonderful sister Jessica she was like that's because it is still 58 (now 57) days away. (Thank you iphone countdown app!)  And all I could really think about was someday, when a warm wrapped baby is placed in my arms and I am gazing in to his/her face for the first time being over come with that love you hear mothers talk about, I'm going to remember December 8, 2011 as the date that made that possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment