Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

First Nutrition Appointment

So yesterday was my first appointment with the nutritionist. She was very nice and for someone so skinny I felt very comfortable around her.

The appointment was a little bit of a class with three other women. Jessica also came to the appointment with me, as I thought it was going to be a one on one thing and wanted her input and questions.

Well, Jessica didn't end up talking much, but me and two of the other women sure did!

I was so relieved to find out that the weeks prior to surgery will not see me on a liquid only diet! PHEW!! For right now I am to replace one meal a day with a protein shake. I learned that the Myoplex shakes I was doing this with already were bad choices and probably had something to do with the one pound I had gained since my consultation. (Or I'm blaming TOM!) So, for $45 I purchased at the doctors office a 3lb thing of Isopure Low Carb Chocolate shake stuff... Then Jessica and I did a mad dash around and found me a Cookies and Cream on at GNC for $38.99. I hope I will like that one!

After words Jessica and I had a fun sissy date at the mall. Bought some makeup, had a little dinner, bought some other stuff.... Like an AWESOME Hello Kitty backpack! Woot woot. I also bought something that is a size 18/20 on clearance because I really liked it, it was cheap and I know I'll be fitting into it by spring!! WOOT WOOT!

Also bought this ugly mumu type night gown for at the hospital. Still hoping I'll be able to talk my doctor out of the catheter, but if I'm not able to I figure a gown will be my best bet at least until that comes out. And got a super cute pair of pjs and matching robe (hey surgery is in December) for when the catheter comes out.

I feel like I could just chit and chat the whole day away, but off I go to get ready for work.

Kisses!
D

0 comments:

Post a Comment