Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Birthday, Illness, Weight .. GAIN!?

Well, it's been over a week since I last posted and it sure has been crazy.

Saturday October 29, 2011 we got hit really hard with a snow storm. Totally annoyed by it, since my birthday is October 30 and my mother went to the hospital to give birth to me in a tank top, shorts and flip flops! (Indian Summer, not pregnancy hormones.)

The day started off with my sister Jessica, bff Rachel and friend Nikki heading to Lyndenhurst, NJ for a birthday dinner at Medieval Times. The drive there wasn't that bad, mostly just full of idiot NJ drivers. (I swear in the tri-state area the only people who know how to drive are NYers!) Anywho.. We get to the restaurant and walk around, get our pictures taken and the power goes out. While we wait around to see if the power comes back on my sinus start to plug up and the pressure in my face makes me want to let the King behead me. The power doesn't come back on, they give us free food and send us home.

Back to NY we go. All of 17 in NJ was black. No power. It took us like over three hours to get home and was so annoying. The closer we got to home, it seemed like the power issues there were such as unplowed roads and detours due to fallen trees.

My poor cousin Noel (the cousin who will be having surgery with me) has a 10 month old and her power went out, so she packed up and headed to my house so she had heat for the baby. In the past sleep overs (yes, even at the ripe old age of 27 and 31) were always a blast for us. Well, not so much because I was so sick all I wanted to do was sleep. And it was hard on the baby sleeping in a strange place. I love that little boy so much! In the morning I rolled over and there he was standing up in his pack and play smiling at me on my birthday. Noel made me breakfast and then I think I slept most of the day away.

The power was out at work for two days, so no work. Which was just fine by me since Monday and Tuesday were when I was my sickest. Finally get to go back to work, and it sucks. I really hate my job most days. And those bitchy women I call co-workers don't make it any easier.

I've been on antibiotics over a week and I still feel like crap.. And the worst part, because I don't want to get dehydrated I haven't been taking my water pill, the antibiotics kill my stomach, I get too out of breath to ride my bike... And I gained back like 4 pounds. AHHHHH!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment