Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring is in the air... That means it's time for romance...... Right?

Ahhhhh!! Why does life keep throwing fast balls? What happened to the old saying "Slow and steady wins the race??" It sure doesn't feel that way these days.

We changed the clocks ahead last night. It's going to be 60 degrees today. I've got laundry going in the washer right now so it can be hung on the line. Chicken chili all in the crockpot for later today. About to start working on some homework, and try and survive ANOTHER round of period cramps.

On top of my 6th period in 3 months, the multivitamin that I was sold BY MY DOCTORS OFFICE, was the wrong vitamin and didn't have iron in it. They sold me the vitamin that is for bypass patients. How did this even really come to realization? Well, on two different occasions I was given two different bottles. I called and the mistake was realized then, but I figured I would just finish out the bottle of the wrong vitamins before starting the right ones. I only had a little over a week left of the wrong bottle.

Well, fast forward a few days later, I'm reading the textbook for my Essentials of Human Nutrition class and we are going over micro and macro-nutrients. Iron falls under these categories. Guess what signs of iron defecieny are? Hair loss, fatigue, mood swings, light headedness. Yup. I'm really just very unhappy with the doctors office at this point and I'm really considering looking into switching to a different office if they will take me on so soon after surgery. Vitamins aren't something you should play with on a bariatric patient. The doctor told me it was fine to take the vitamins I was on prior to surgery at my six week check up. Well, I was taking a one a day. Nutrition appoinment comes around at 2.5 months and she about died when she heard I was taking a one a day. Well, she is the one who told the girl at the front desk which vitamin to sell me. She went into the closet they keep the vitamins in and handed the front desk girl the vitamin.

My hair is falling out by the HANDFULLS! My part is already getting wider. And I know this is a part of the surgery, but I can't help thinking it might not have been this bad had I been taking the correct vitamins from the start. I also don't like how when I tried talking with the doctor about these things at my three month checkup he just wrote it off as depression. I think that is a sign of a BAD doctor. He didn't look into seeing if there were underlying causes and he should have.

My new insurance card came in yesterday, so I'll be getting my blood work done one day this week finally.... Until then, I'm pushing protein and green leafy vegetables. I even bought me some beef liver because in my textbook I learned it is the best source of ingestable iron.

So my friends, any good liver recipes? I usually like chicken liver when my second dad makes it. MMM!

And then MEN! UGH! Confusion freaking city! I make a vow to stay single and they come climbing out of the wood pile like sailors who have been out at sea for a year.

And then my grandmother. Dad and I picked her up from the airport. She was happy as hell to see us. I'm still not sure how I feel about all that, but I'm glad she is back in NY and safe from dumb bitch who married a child molester knowingly and said child molester. I'm getting mad all over again as I type it.

So, I'm gonna go hang some clothes on the line and enjoy some fresh air... Maybe even take Gypsy for walk!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment