Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

I will be 28 in 5 days....


So, it's been a whole year since I started this blog. Actually it's been a little longer then that. As I said in my birthday post last year I like to start reflecting a bit on my life at my birthday and kind of do a stock check of where things are at.

Let's start with what I currently look like.



To read last years birthday post click here.

So, for this reflection let us take a gander at this. My list of goals for my first year post op.

1- Go to the gym three days a week for the month of January. (They say it takes 30 days to make or break a habit, so I'm hoping to create this habit.) I haven't managed to make it to the gym three days in a week in a very long time. I have however found numerous other ways to fit in exercise here and there. 
2- Wear size 12s by my birthday on October 30th. (Actually hoping for a size 10, but 12 will do.) Guess who is currently wearing 12's and really needs to get to a store and try on some 10s? I think I'm going to do that tonight actually! How super cool would that be to be in 10s by my birthday as I wished?!?!?
3- I want to be able to run an entire mile by 2013. I don't care if it takes me twenty minutes to do it (the amount of time it currently takes me to walk a mile)--- I just want to be able to run a mile. Well, I haven't tried this one either. Now that the weather is cool out again my knee is killing me. I was so hoping that will my weight loss it would stop hurting so much... Oh well.
4-  Buy a pair of Coach sneakers to celebrate when I hit 50 pounds gone for good!! Not only did I buy my pair of Coach sneakers, I was able to buy TWO pairs!
5- Get a massage because my body has been through hell and back and deserves it This one is coming soon. I'm secretly hoping for a giftcard for my birthday... However not holding my breath.6- Get my hair trimmed more then twice this year. (The last three years I've managed two trims/cuts a year.) I think I've managed two trims this year, but technically I still have a few months from when I made this list to make it a year.
7- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.5  I'm killing myself for this one, but so far I think i'm at a 3.6. 

Now I think that is a pretty successful list! 

I've also gained back confidence, gotten involved with the WLS community more, shopping where I want, being able to bend over to tie my shoes.. Just able to do soooo much.

And I met the man I want to spend forever with. 

Tell me, how could this year possibly get any better?



2 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy Early Birthday! Your list sounds great! Congrats on your engagement and you look awesome in that dress...woo!

supersnailspace said...

How wonderful that you are at your goal of wearing a size 12...or maybe even a 10! Hope you enjoy your birthday. Are you going somewhere in that little black dress with your special someone?

Post a Comment