Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1 Month Update

Well, technically I still have two days until the one month mark- but I like to be early *wink*

First off, found this awesome illustration to show what I did. (Thank you google images.)
I'd like to say- I DON'T MISS THE STOMACH THAT WAS REMOVED!!!

So in one month I'm down 30 pounds (stupid 3 week stall), lost a total of 15 inches over my body, went down one pant size, and down two shirt sizes. I'm starting to have a neck again and when I'm not at work I have TONS more energy. (Work is sucker of all human life force.)

To celebrate my success I decided to try something I'd never done before for dinner. I follow a Vlog on youtube of a gal that goes by VSGTanya2011 who is from Louisiana I believe and in one of her videos she talks about crawfish.... Sparked my interest and I went searching what these critters were. I found tons of recipes for them and best I could tell they were like little itty bitty lobsters. Now- anyone who knows me IRL (in real life) knows I LOVE me some lobster! However, for me to get a lobster now would be stupid. I'd take two bites and be done and have to give it away because reheated lobster sucks. And well.. I'm just too stingy when it comes to lobster to give it away...

So, I stopped to Price Chopper on my way home from the gym tonight. Picked up an itty bitty red skin potato and a bag of frozen crawfish. (On sale for $8!) Brought it all home, boiled some water with some Cajun seasoning and tossed in about 8 of the little guys with the potato. It was delicious and I was happy to feel like I ate a normal serving of something. (Serving suggestion on the package is actually 22, but hey 8 sure seems like a lot more then the 2 crab legs I can eat!)


So0o0o0o0o... Since my last blog there has also been the start of a new year. I actually made some resolutions... But really they look more like goals. They are;

1- Go to the gym three days a week for the month of January. (They say it takes 30 days to make or break a habit, so I'm hoping to create this habit.)
2- Wear size 12s by my birthday on October 30th. (Actually hoping for a size 10, but 12 will do.)
3- I want to be able to run an entire mile by 2013. I don't care if it takes me twenty minutes to do it (the amount of time it currently takes me to walk a mile)--- I just want to be able to run a mile.
4-  Buy a pair of Coach sneakers to celebrate when I hit 50 pounds gone for good!!
5- Get a massage because my body has been through hell and back and deserves it.
6- Get my hair trimmed more then twice this year. (The last three years I've managed two trims/cuts a year.)
7- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.5

I think that is a nice little list. Cheers to 2012 and how completely fabulous it is going to be!!!

1 comments:

Sheila said...

Congrats on your one month, glad you are experimenting with recipes, etc.

Your goals sound great and totally attainable!!!

Post a Comment