Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ci vediamo nel mese di aprile Alyse!

(According to google translate that means "See you in April Alyse!"

Once upon a time there was a magic school bus. It was big and yellow and didn't particularly look any different then other school buses, but non the less was still magical. One day about a month after school started there were whispers as the bus stopped at a new house. A new girl got on the bus! Kids whispered and wondered who she was. She stomped her way onto the bus, sat down across the isle from me in the second seat and pulled her hood over her head. This isn't the magic part.  The magic isn't even that this girl became my best friend on the face of the freakin' earth or that her younger sister became best friends with my younger sister. The magic is that over the next decade (yes Rachel, it's now a decade!) these four girls became sisters.

And now for the first time in that decade we're really going to be separated. The baby of our bunch is going to Italy for a semester and we are all so happy and excited for her. She will have a layover in Paris, France for a few hours and then arrive in Florence sometime during my sleeping hours. I'm going to miss her so much! Even though she goes to college four hours a way we still see her several times during the semester. She's home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, Chanukah and Easter and some of the birthdays. And with text messaging she just doesn't seem that far away. Well, now texting isn't an option thanks to international rates.

I know you may be thinking, "What does this entry have to do with weight loss?" but I promise you I have a tie in....... Ready for it?

In four months I could be a completely different person! I am already weighing about what I weighed in 2005 when our home burned down. Only another 15 pounds to go for what I weighted when I graduated HS. Another 30 to weigh what I weighed when I first met Alyse. (Rachel knew me in HS before I lost 60 pounds my sophomore year. I gained almost all of that back by the time I graduated.)

 
(Rachel and I, June 2003)

I think picture posts for me are going to stop for the next four months. YouTube blogs are going to be face shots only. When Alyse gets home I want how I look to be a total surprise! I'll keep posting weight loss and measurements- but you'll all just have to wait four months to see the progress..... If my sister has to then so do you!


1 comments:

Sheila said...

Cute post...and I love the idea of the surprise when she returns! Great plan!

Post a Comment