Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

NSV galore!

Last night I attended a WLS seminar with my sister Jessica. It was help by the same practice that did Noel and my surgeries and they asked me to speak to the group after the doctor. I did and was so happy to do it. I'm thinking I may volunteer to do it again if they are interested. The thought of helping other people decide to do this seems like something wonderful!

So I know I said I wouldn't post any more pictures until Alyse got back. And I promise that's going to be the case.... AFTER this post! LoL. I have to share it with you guys just because to date it was the biggest "AHA!" moment I've had yet.

Yesterday my sister Jessica and I stopped at my favorite Marshall's and I found the sneakers I wanted for my reward of reaching 50lbs lost. Well, I'm currently hanging out around 45 lost- but the sneakers were $50 at Marshall's compared to the $100 at Macy's. So I bought them but I'm not going to wear them until I hit my 50lb goal. But once I tried on every pair of Coach sneakers they had there and finally selected the ones I was going to purchase I had Jessica snap a picture of me holding the shoes just so I could document the moment. Well, I had her show me the picture so I could decide if it was a keeper or we needed a re-do. I burst into tears! The girl in the picture really didn't look anything like me! This girl has a neck, a happy smile and she LOOKS thinner!

Where is my huge belly? (granted part of it is just hidden by the jacket, but LOOK AT ME!!!)

So Jessica and I continue to tear up Marshall's. Flipping through clearance racks searching for the next great steal.. I mean deal. Well, I happen to flip past a pair of size 16 Se7en jeans. I've always wanted a pair, but they never fit me right in places like Marshall's and at Lane Bryant they are just too expensive. Well, the 16s looked .... Idk.. Big. So Jessica suggested I try them on. (Jessica!! The sister who HATES shopping and can't wait to get me OUT of the store!!) And guess what?

THESE are those 16s!! I didn't buy them though. $30 for a pair of Se7en jeans is a good buy- but not when you are only going to wear them a month or two.... If you're lucky. (Or actually 2 months at the same size would seem unlucky to me!)

And that's it for pictures. You guys can wait to April! The question is- can I?

1 comments:

Alyse said...

I'm so happy for you! I think volunteering to be a speaker is a great idea! You should still take pictures at least weekly even if you don't post them. At least you can really see the change :]

Post a Comment