Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Dehydration

SUCKS! Around 2:30 today I started to feel really... weird. My lips were burning (dry and chapped) and I felt like warm and cold all at the same time with a side of fuzzy headed. I know I haven't been getting in all of my fluids but heavens to Betsy I've sure been trying!

Called around to see if my PCP or the urgent care centers could do an IV because going to the ER is all out of my pocket until I reach my $1000 deductible. (Thank you 2012, NOT!) PCP can't do it, urgent care won't do it- so I call my surgeons office which is an hour away. Immediately upon hearing me say the word "dehydrated" the PA gets on the phone with me. They don't do IVs there but they will let the ER know I'm coming. FML!

I asked her how many ounces I should get in today to help prevent a trip to the ER (and the big bill) and she told me to get in at least 50 ounces before I go to bed. So far I've done about 30... So 20 more to go. She also told me to get Gatorade- so that's what I'm sipping on. I feel sort of better, but my lips are driving me crazy. The tingle!

And THEN- not sure if this is good or bad- but the feeling of being lightheaded- guess who's office has a "slight" gas leak today? Yup! Glad to know the worst of my "dehydration" symptoms was being caused by inhaling trace amounts of gas fumes!

But- after speaking with the PA they want me to go to the ER and get an IV drip in the morning if I don't get in my 50 ounces before bed. I'm dehydrated and I know it. But I'm also fighting a trip to the ER so time to go sip sip sip!

Oh- and Nick is coming over and we're gonna watch a movie and be us!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh yeah, deyhdration is very bad post-op. Most people will tell you it's okay if you can't get in all your protein, but NEVER NEVER NEVER slip on the liquids/water. Hydration is so important. I hope you can skip the ER (and the big bill!!!) and I hope you are much better in the am.

Danielle Elizabeth said...

Thanks Sheila. I am better today. Not all the way better- but much better then I was. ER avoided and I'm sip sip sipping!

Post a Comment