Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

First Post-Op "Meal"

So, technically I'm not supposed to be starting on soft foods until Monday. After reading so many blogs and all about different peoples diet plans after surgery and seeing how many people go home from the hospital on purees and mushies I feel comfortable with my choice to have a tiny bit of soft food tonight.

What did I decide on? Was it my shrimp and cheese I craved so bad the first few days? Was it the meat from a lobster roll I just new I HAD to have days 5-8?

Can you guess what this is?
The meat from two tiny crab legs with half of a ritz cracker and a few squirts of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. It was delicious!!!!!!! As you can imagine snow crab legs do not come with much inside of them. This picture is of my left overs. But it was so nice to sit at the table with my family while they ate their roast beef, carrots and potatoes (that I made for them) and eat something real. Now, tomorrow I'm going to try to stick to my shakes again until Monday. Maybe lol.

For the record- I do not support or condone not sticking with your surgeons plan. I made the choice to not follow my surgeons plan and will take what ever consequences come my way as a result of this decision. Never in my life did I think I could ever be so satisfied with such a small portion of something so delicious! Prior to this meal I would have wanted/needed POUNDS of crab legs to be happy.

So up until today I have REALLY struggled with getting in my fluids. Two nights ago my lips were so dry and chapped that I stayed up until 2 a.m. just to try and sip more fluids. In those two extra hours I managed to get in only 8oz. Well... welcome to what I needed to get my fluids. In the last two hours I've now managed to get in 16oz of fruit punch crystal lite. I've seen a lot of things posted and it was even suggestion by the nutritionist to not drink from a straw because it could cause extra gas. Well, at this point I am so desperate to get fluids in I'll deal with gas if I have to.  Thank you Christmas Tree Shop for this awesome $4 purchase!


I'm going into work for the first time tomorrow, but only for a half day. I'm going to go in after lunch time so I don't have to deal with the smells of McDonalds, Taco Bell, chinese and pizza. I'm nervous as can be! My job can be so back and forth with the crazy I'm affraid I'm gonna be walking back into a crap storm. Oh well. Keep me in your prayers!

~D

0 comments:

Post a Comment