Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Post-op day 5

So I feel a lot better today. YAY! My energy level isn't up there and probably won't be for a long time, but each day I seem to feel better.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store with my Dad and walked around. It was uncomfortable, but the rest of my body needed to move. When I got home I rested on the couch for a bit, but I didn't end up napping.

Today I woke up and I had been sleeping partially on my tummy! At first I was alarmed by this, but then I realized it didn't hurt and I fell asleep again. When I woke up again I was able to sit up without wanting to die. So, the pain is getting better. It's mostly just uncomfortable now with an occasional side of stab.

Something else I hadn't anticipated was how cold I would be. At first I thought it was because of all the blood thinners. However, I've since done a bit of research and have found that the ghurelin (a chemical found in the large part of your stomach- the part I had removed) may also help in your body regulating your temperature. Eventually it'll work itself out but for now, my teeth would chatter! So off to Target with my Dad where we purchased an electric blanket. I'm currently under it and toasty warm :) And as you can see from the picture, Gypsy loves it too!



So now for the amazing news! Drum roll please.......................
As of right this second I am down 17 pounds from 12/7/11. Today is 12/10/11. How awesome is that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment