Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Things I wish someone had told me

I wish someone had told me how much this surgery was going to hurt. I don't feel like doing anything I'm in so much pain. Sleeping is the only escape from it and that isn't even fool proof because if I go to move in my sleep the pain wakes me up.

I have a total of 7 incisions. Only one hurts though- the one they actually removed stomach through. Part of me is wondering what the hell did I just do to myself... For the rest of my life. And to make matters even worse, when I get on the scale I've actually gained weight because of all the fluids they gave me in the hospital. But every time I pee I lose up to a pound, so the water weight is quickly coming off.

In recovery all I could do was smile and picture having a baby. I did this so I can have babies and now I feel like I'm in so much pain I'd take it all back if I could. I know I need to give it a few days before deciding I feel that way, but I can't help it.

I had to throw a really huge hissy fit in the hospital in order to get them to speed up the process of my release papers. I wanted to go home! I wouldn't take a dying snake to that @!*##!@* hospital. A nurse actually had the nerve to tell me she couldn't bend over to help me put socks on. Sorry- but I thought the job of a nurse was to help. Thank my lucky stars for Jessica- I had my own private nurse come in and she saved me.

Noel is doing 10x better than I am. I don't want to say that she has a better pain tolerance then I do, but it is certainly seeming that way. Then again, less than a year ago Noel had a c-section, so this probably doesn't compare.

I'll post more later, I'm starting to feel weak again.

Shield your eyes- there's a belly pic below!








0 comments:

Post a Comment