Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Anxiety! Hi, how are you?

So0o0o0o0o0o0o... Approved. Yay, right? Nay!

Tuesday 11/29 got the news I was approved for surgery by the insurance. Wednesday 11/30 get a phone call that my surgeon is having emergency surgery and will be out of the office for about two months. Talk about kinked up plans. So, I can still have my surgery on Monday 12/5 but it will be with a doctor I haven't met with officially. I'll be meeting him for about five minutes today just to say I've met him.

I'm not waiting for Dr. Kaul to come back. I really really wanted to. But, we're talking about February being the earliest I can get my surgery now and I could already be down 50+ pounds by then. I'm not waiting. Dr. Maffei is the chief bariatric surgeon at Putnam Hospital Center, so obviously he knows his stuff too.

I keep having this half fantasy/half dream that they switch Noel and my surgeries and give us the wrong ones. She gets VSG and I get bipass. Well, I think she and I would both be okay with that too. Think about the amount of money we'd get for that one! I'd be able to quit my crummy job and tell all those nasty people in that office ...... a lot of bad things I won't post here!

Right now I don't know how I'm going to get home from the hospital. I can't be in the car with my dad for that long of a time with him driving 40mph... Jessica has a patient who is demanding to be seen by her at 3pm on the day I'm to be released. I have the option of riding home with Noel and Aunt Jessie, but I really don't think I'll feel up to sitting in a back seat 2 days after I've had major surgery, ya know? Tempted to drive myself home lol.

I wish Alyse was going to be here. I know that sounds so weird probably. But Alyse is the patient caretaker type and I think it'd be nice to have her around. She was so great last year with my Dad when he was in the hospital. So, she better be up in Oz studying hard and acing those finals!

Anyway, I woke up an hour late for work. I got on the scale this morning after pigging out for a week. I'm actually down another pound, who knew?



Adios amigAs!

1 comments:

Alyse said...

Trust me, I wish I could be there too.

Post a Comment